2020 Legislative & Leadership Conference
This popular conference will be the first opportunity this year to hear about federal and state developments impacting the higher education finance industry and to meet with the House and Senate leadership, the House and Senate Education Committee leadership, and Administration officials on your organization’s advocacy priorities.
The Conference Committee has been hard at work putting together the draft program agenda providing important and timely sessions on the political and policy environment in Congress and the Trump Administration. But new and exciting for this year: we have expanded the conference to highlight new ideas and approaches for improving postsecondary education for students and their families in order to enhance the conference experience for many attendees. This is a ‘can’t-miss’ event for the NCHER membership!
The agenda includes:
- A timely and vital session that will look ahead to the 2020 election for President and control of the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate, and an examination of major proposals from the campaigns around free college and federal and private student loan forgiveness.
- Important updates from the White House and U.S. Department of Education on their higher education priorities, including additional information on the recently-announced experimental site on institutional investment and student success.
- Members of the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate who have been invited to speak about their proposals for the upcoming reauthorization of the Higher Education Act.
- A Congressional staff panel where House and Senate staff will discuss the priorities of the Democratic and Republican leadership in the 116th Congress.
- A pre-conference roundtable and important sessions on the future of the American higher education system, realigning the higher education system with today’s workforce, and legislative ideas to improve education and workforce linkages.
- Timely and engaging sessions highlighting innovative approaches being developed at the state and local level to increase access and completion of higher education such as looking at ways to improve college completion and persistence and what states are doing to improve student success and help borrowers repay their student loans.
- A federal update and information on NCHER’s advocacy priorities for the 116th Congress.
Conference Fees ▼
Use coupon code: 2020erbd
You must be logged in to register online and receive member pricing. If you are not an NCHER member, please contact Stefanie Gramm firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Payments: NCHER registration fees must be paid prior to attending the meeting. Should the registration fee remain unpaid 30 days after the meeting concludes, a 2% per month late fee will assessed.
Event FAQ ▼
The NCHER group room rate is $225 per room, per night, single or double occupancy. The NCHER discounted rate will be available until the group reservation cut off date or the room block is full whichever comes first. Please make your hotel reservations as soon as possible.
Attendees may telephone the Reservation Department by calling (202) 661-2400. Reference must be given to NCHER to assure the group rate. All reservations must be guaranteed for arrival with a major credit card and/or a first room night deposit.
Online Reservations– To make reservations online, visit
The hotel will accept reservations until the cut-off date of January 6, 2020. After that date all rooms remaining in the group block will be returned to the hotel’s general inventory for sale to other groups and individuals.
A 24-hour cancellation notice is required to refund any deposits received except for persons with medical emergencies.
CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT TIMES
Check-in time at the hotel is 4:00 p.m. Check-out time is 12:00 p.m.
Dress is business. The average temperature in February is 47/27 degrees.
AIR TRAVEL / GROUND TRANSPORTATION (Fares quoted are approximate)
Taxi Fare from Reagan National Airport is $15-$20 (5 miles)